Saturday, September 10, 2011

Autumn Air

This is the weather I wait for, though I never know it until it arrives. It seems I would 'get it' after 33 years. I just ran the boulevard- 64 degrees with crisp clean air that even smells a bit like fall. I am itching to go hiking. I am eager to take on my next running challenge- to take up trail running. After the marathon I am going to pick up some minimalist shoes and hit the trails just in time for leave peeping and new snowfalls. And perhaps some running snowshoes this winter....
If I am going to remain in New England I want to embrace each season full on. I want to try snowboarding this winter, so that I might be one of those people that prays for snow. I want to swim indoors this winter so that I will not be afraid to try stand-up paddling next spring. I want to hit the gym and climb rock walls and run through snow storms. As I stare into the face of my 34th birthday, I want to take advantage of this body while it is at it's strongest. I am not afraid of 34. After this marathon, I will be able to do anything. Watch out world, because here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment