Monday, December 10, 2012

Back Again

I believe it may be time to get up and running again (no pun intended).  I have a couple of things up my sleeve, including another money raising marathon- charity to be announced.  Which means summer will be consumed again by runs and fundraising so I will need much love from my family and friends!

The other thing I will be working on is 'Ban the Bag Portland'.  I think we can convince Portland, Maine that eliminating plastic bags is possible and desirable.  I am hoping for volunteers to help me go to businesses to get them to pledge to go plastic bag free.  I am also hoping to find some local politicians to get on board with this idea.  To even introduce the idea of an anti-plastic bag law is going to seem extreme to a lot of folks and I am ready for their wrath.  What is extreme is the state of the oceans these days.  We are at a critical point and we need to all wake up and do whatever little bit we can.  This is my little bit at the moment.  Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment