Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Good Tips from Outside Magazine and a Recovery recipe from me

I was pretty happy to see that I am already covering most of the bases when it comes to Outside Magazines subscribed 'superfoods for workout recovery'.  Of course I would have to replace the whey with Vega Sport Performance Protein.  It is a great vegan alternative because it has branched chain amino acids and L-glutamine.  And it tastes pretty yummy too.  Here is the Outside Article:
Get to Know Your Superfoods

Here is my own favorite post-workout smoothie.  It makes me feel like I'm having a real treat to reward myself for a job well done!
8 to 12 oz almond milk (I use unsweetened vanilla)
1 scoop chocolate Vega Sport Performance Protein
1/2 frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen cherries

Mix all ingredients in a blender and make sure to consume within an hour or two of a tough workout to help with recovery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment