Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday

Phew. Survived my first week of insanity training. I felt as if I had bruises all over my body for a few days, my muscles were so sore. I feel great today after a rest day yesterday and a long, slowish run. Is spring finally here? Blossoming trees are fragrant. Song birds are announcing their presence. I was running with a tank top on without even a shiver. There was an icecream truck parked on the Eastern prom. I also ventured out for a stroll with Gavin in the evening. We sat for a bit out by the ferry terminal, at the whale wall. The harbor was glassy and calm and the sky was cotton-candy pink and blue. It was absolutely gorgeous. So warm, in fact, that we decided to neglect our Easter dinner Tofurky and eat dinner at Flatbread on the deck. It was a perfect night. The folks at the next table had two of the cutest little dogs I have ever seen who kept us company as we waited for our pizza and were glued to our side once the pizza arrived, hoping for a crust to be dropped.

I worked through Earth Day, though I was wishing I could have a big celebration. Maybe next year. I will have more information after this week about a bake sale to benefit Sea Shepherd. Probably late summer. So stay posted and happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment