Sunday, April 17, 2011

Yeah for Sunday

I started off the day with some serious fuel from the one and only Silly's. It was my first Silly's brunch experience and came complete with complimentary donut holes that they made vegan for me! During the late morning hour, I had a bird's-eye view of the Patriots Day race here in Portland. The winner seemed to be five minutes ahead of the next contender. His stride looked effortless and he gave friendly waves to the crowd as he crossed the finish, as if he was out for a leisurely neighborhood jog. Very very impressive. Mid-day consisted of intervals of napping and reading the NYTimes. The NYTimes magazine had a great article on whether or not sugar is poison. I have already eliminated high fructose corn syrup and have been toying with the idea of as little refined sugar as possible without going crazy. The article argued well enough that I may just religiously avoid the stuff, though I have always been a bit of an enemy of the sugar-haters. Science is science, I suppose. I am trying to squeeze in some longer runs now. I did 50 minutes today and felt great at the end. I think I may try for a bit over an hour next week. Portland is so damn beautiful when it isn't snowing or raining! Showered and in jammies already, I am going to finish the day off by catching up on some more reading, hanging out with Jonas the furball flat-faced kitty, and ....well...I just may have brought home some Silly's vegan cake today that may have to get in my belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment