Thursday, June 25, 2009

what's black and white...

Yesterday's 4-mile hilly run was pretty uneventful. Uneventful is good in many ways. Tonight was a bit of a different story.

After a long day of errand running and an entirely unhealthy lunch at Silly's, Gav and I decided to do a late run. It is a beautiful night and, though a little heavy from our food, we were moving along at a decent pace. While running up the hill from Danforth to the Western Prom (killer hill by the graveyard) we had a bit of a scare. I was in a meditative state, running along when I noticed a small figure running towards us. Slow to process what I was seeing, I realized that the skunk was also out for a nightly run and he noticed us about the time we noticed him. He was headed right at us and as soon as I yelled 'skunk' to Gav, he lifted his little tail. I was a sprinter for a moment. A damn fast sprinter. I could win serious races if you released a bunch of skunks at me. I think Gavin could too. We either narrowly escaped the spray or he decided against it after all. That was about halfway through our run and every shadow after that looked like it might be a black and white critter. I am glad to be home and only mildly stinky as I usually am after a run!

No comments:

Post a Comment