Wednesday, May 25, 2011

3 Round Men

Why is it that people insist upon harassing runners? Why must they shout out their sarcastic encouragement and why is it always when I am at a point of exhaustion and angry adrenaline? Today, returning from Bug Light across the bridge from South Portland, a bit sunburned and tired but feeling strong, at the tip top of a very steep and long ramp that makes one's ass muscles scream out for mercy, I came upon three very round men. One of them was boldly shirtless and exposing his damp, pale hairy chest. 'Run faster. Faster', one of them dared to say to me. I will not repeat exactly what I said in return, but you might be able to figure it out if you try really hard. People are so stupid at times.

I did reward myself with a fantastic smoothie from the Maine Squeeze in the Old Port. 'Fast as Light' is my drink of choice. Pure deliciousness that make me forget for a moment about my beer-bellied enemies. I wish them the ability to keep their mouth shut!

No comments:

Post a Comment