Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stormy Seas

5.4 miles today. I thought I was going to beat the rain. Then, as the sprinkles began, I thought 'this isn't that bad'. Then, it began to pour. Rain in 80 degree weather is nice. Rain in 60 degree weather is tolerable. Rain in 45 degree weather is damn cold. Damn cold.

On a positive note, the bay was stormy as I ran along east end beach. The waves were loud and sloppy. As I stood and looked out, I was reminded how lucky I am to live in this amazing place. I was reminded of the power of the ocean. I was reminded of all that the ocean represents and why I want to do what I can to protect the ocean and the creatures that exist there.

Take a minute today to be thankful for the natural beauty that hasn't yet been ruined and consider doing what you can to protect it!

No comments:

Post a Comment