Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sebago Trekker Pale Ale

So we checked out Sebago Brewing's new location last night. Gorgeous. We also tried their new charity brew- Trekker Pale. Ohmygoodnesssoooogood! I had two pints...okay, maybe three. I woke up this morning pretty sure that my run would be wrecked by such bad/fun behavior. I decided to do an easy jaunt around Back Cove to 'run out the demons'. Once I stretched out, I took off and ran faster than usual the whole time. I ran 8.3 minute miles for the five it takes round trip from my home. I know this probably doesn't sound fast to you long-limbed, lean 'real' runner types but for me it was flying! I think the Trekker Pale has some sort of slow-release carb magic or karmic power that put a strong wind at my back. Cheers, Sebago Brewing! I will be back to test my theory. (www.sebagobrewing.com)

As to the 8.3...so that is the speed I would have to maintain for 26.2 miles if I were to qualify for Boston. Probably not going to happen this year. But it did motivate me to trash my 'beginner' marathon training plan for the intermediate because it doesn't seem to far-fetched after all! And it feels ohsooogood to run the entire Back Cove trail without being passed!

No comments:

Post a Comment