Wednesday, July 8, 2009

ouch and sharks

Well, I just did 6 miles of fartleks in the rain which pretty much sucked- but it that good way that it felt like a real workout with real pain towards a goal of real improvement. I ran 1/4 as fast as I could muster up the strength for, then 1/4 mile at an easy pace for 6 entire miles.

On a different note (I can't leave the animal issues part of me out of this blog after all) I just looked at the website for the Downeast Shark Tournament and was disgusted by the event and the pictures! Why as human beings do we have this desire to catch and kill things we are not eating. They claim the sharks are then used for 'scientific research'. What are we- Japanese whaling fleets now?! What in the world does it prove that you happen to have luck and catch the biggest shark? Oohh, what a man! I hate it! I wish I would've read this crap before my run- I think I run faster when angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment