Tuesday, July 21, 2009

week off

I do still exist! I actually took last week off from training due to a very busy schedule due to the fact I was the chair of the Vegetarian Food Festival planning committee that took place this past Saturday. We had around 350 attendees last year, were hoping for 500 this year, and ended up with 750! It was successful, I am exhausted and content.

So, now with the B to B two weeks away, it is time to get down to business. I would like to shed about 5 pounds and shave off about 5 minutes from a 10K time.

I am at my mom's in northern Maine and ran yesterday. The humidity was pretty brutal and my hour-long jaunt took me up and down some pretty serious hills. It was really nice to reminisce about my childhood years while running around town- past schools, past old friends' houses, past parks. I felt very good and very strong after a full week off. I tend to become obsessive and it becomes detrimental to my self-confidence at a point, so it was good practice to take a week off and feel okay about it!

I also did some canoeing yesterday and am feeling the effects of that in my back. I love the feeling of muscles sore from use. Is that crazy or masochistic?

No comments:

Post a Comment