Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Still Running

It has been while...on July 4th I did an easy 4-miler -IN THE SUN! And on Sunday, July 5 Gav and I did a 9 mile, easy paced run. It was great and he was a great sport for joining me, considering he isn't training for anything. He did keep saying I was trying to kill him. He is great to run with because he is good at pacing himself, which is good for me so I don't take off after people who pass us like a greyhound after a bunny! Yesterday was a day of rest. Rest= housework at this point with my hectic schedule. We are 2 weeks away from the Veg Fest I am the chair for. Yikes!

I need to step it up a bit on speed-work now that I am officially registered for the Beach to Beacon through work and Big Brothers, Big Sisters. Not that I have any delusions of being fast- I am not real runner after all but our goal at work is to beat the L.L. Bean team and I think we can do it!

Today is a 5-6 mile 'quality' run so I think I will do some fartleks- (hee hee fart-lick).

No comments:

Post a Comment