Thursday, July 2, 2009

really?

Is it really necessary that it is raining again? I ran a short 4 miler today and, once again, it started pouring about a quarter of the way in. The humidity makes it harder to breath, the moisture makes your clothes sit like plastic wrap on your skin, the pavement is slippery in some parts and and flooded in other parts. It is giving me some serious runners' rage.

Yesterday, I did 5.2 miles in N Conway where Gav and I were visiting his parents. I could feel the difference in elevation, though I am sure it is not a huge difference. It was beautiful there when the fog lifted for about 2 seconds. And at the end of my run I purchased a giant iced soy latte from the 'bucks' and it might have been the best iced latte I have ever had!

While driving around the area the day before, we saw a couple of mountain runners. Now, there is a serious endeavor! I like hills but I like them to have a peak, then an end and I want them to be around 5 minutes to climb. I imagine that lacing up at the bottom of an entire mountain must feel a bit like a bad nightmare. But getting to the top, calf-muscles burning like they are being squeezed from your flesh like toothpaste from an empty tube, sweat pouring down your body like mountain streams, breath being sipped as if from a narrow straw in a thick soy-shake- that must feel like something amazing. Maybe I will try running up a mountain if this rain ever stops...

No comments:

Post a Comment