Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sweet Sixteen



I conquered 16 miles today after setting out to do 14. It felt pretty damn good to have the energy to go a couple of more once I hit my goal. I felt strong and am running long distances in about 9 minutes 30 seconds, just 30 seconds away from my 9 minute per mile goal. I am learning that the secret is about 100 calories every hour. It really cuts down on the bonking problem.


The unfortunate part of the day was having to work immediately after 16 miles. I felt very drowsy but made it through and celebrated when I got home by a long bath, a peak organic Pomegranate Wheat Ale and vegan nachos.

I am going to continue my celebration with one more peak and a vegan whoopie pie. Some may say all of this indulging is counter-productive but I say I should celebrate pushing my body farther than it has ever gone before. I just must not think that I still have 10.2 more to add to it October 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment