Thursday, June 9, 2011

bad air

So I went out for my hour run this morning, feeling strong and well fueled from the previous day. Alas, the entire run was a struggle. I felt heavy. I couldn't get my lungs to fall into rhythm with my feet. Yuck overall. I chalked it up to allergies and humidity. Later, I find out I could blame it on poor air quality- that there was even a warning to limit time outside. It really did feel like I was breathing in some sort of sludge. One of my toughest runs in a while.

Overall, the training is going well. I decided upon a 'beginners' marathon training plan and am supplementing it with Insanity workouts (a dvd set of high intensity circuit training). I have two more weeks of the 90 day workout series and will then begin P90X. The high intensity cardio training seems to really be helping with my lactic acid threshold, as well as allowing me to sprint a bit harder. I am enjoying the challenge, and the beginner plan is going to free up a wee bit more time for fundraising.

In the next couple of weeks, I will really be concentrating on nutrition- making sure I am getting the right amount of carbs to keep my fueled. If anyone knows of any good resources, let me know.

Early to bed tonight. I feel like my body needs a long slumber.

1 comment:

  1. Breathing sludge? Uck! But I'm really happy to have discovered your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete