Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Putting the Fun Back In

If you are a technical runner focused on splits, PRs, track work and such, this is probably going to make you cringe: I have decided to switch to a marathon training plan that measures runs by time not distance. My previous plan is proving to be a lot of time spent mapping routes or doing routes like back cove with mile markers. It seems to be taking the fun out of running for me. With this change, I can put on my shoes and hit the road and all I need to do is set my watch. As far as hills go, I will still do some repeats but I run really hilly runs anyway. I will do some speed work as well but that is about as technical asI am going to get. I have always found running to be meditative and I really don't want to lose that aspect of it, marathon or not. Following a training plan that is too technical makes it seem more like work. I think that supplementing the training with Insanity workouts is really helping.

Today will be a 40 minute run, Insanity max cardio conditioning and cardio abs.

No comments:

Post a Comment