Thursday, June 30, 2011

Missing Vacation and Friendly People



Here is a picture of Echo Lake in Presque Isle. I spent a good deal of time adventuring around Aroostook State Park and this was a picture taken from my favorite day of vacation. My mother and I rented 2 brand-new kayaks from the park and just spent the afternoon paddling around. It was a wonderful recovery week before crunch time.


I have decided to graduate from my beginner running plan to the intermediate because I feel the beginner isn't really challenging at this point.


Logged 70 minutes today with about 8 minutes of total uphill time. It ended up being about 7.8 miles when all was said and done. This puts me at 8.75 minute miles. My marathon goal is to keep it a bit below a 9 minute mile so I am at a good point with three months to go.


I had a great run tonight. Lots of smiles from passers by. The most wonderful moment of the run, though, was on East End beach trail when a girl- probably about 10 years old- slapped my a high five as I passed her. So cool. I wish Portland always had the energy it did tonight. As I sit here I can see the salt lining my arms. Time for a shower and some grub. I am thinking a quick fake mac and cheez with brocolli. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment