Monday, July 4, 2011

Yesterday was my longest run so far. I did a 12-miler and averaged 9 minute 14 second miles- just a bit above my goal pace. I think that I ran the entire thing on pure anger as I was having a very, very bad day. But, once again, I was reminded how running becomes therapeutic for me and all of the ugliness in my head dissipates for a time. I really don't know how I stayed sane before I can a runner because it is definitely my anti-anxiety drug!

I am loving my android phone technology that uses my GPS in my phone and gives me 5 minute updates on distance, time, and pace. It means I don't need to use a track or the boulevard for those distances and that makes me a happy runner.

This week my goal is to put in 8 hours or so in the fund-raising department. As my training really takes off, I find the time for the other legwork is lacking. I hope to reach out to area businesses for raffle prizes so that I might try to raise further funds with a vegan raffle. Silly's, Green Elephant, and Rosemont Market have already been very generous and I want to add to the pile before I start selling tickets.

I am going through some challenges right now- non running or fundraising related- that may put the blog on hold for a short time. Those of you who read this, please keep me in your thoughts and wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment