Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Thank yous

I spent my 8.5 mile tempo/ goal pace run reflecting on all of the people that I already have to thank for all that is happening with my marathon.

Thanks to all of the people who have already generously donated on my Sea Shepherd web page. I do not have a complete list yet but I think I know who you are. Thank you so so much.

Thanks to all of the businesses and individuals donating to the raffle. I have been overwhelmed by the generosity of people around me.

Thanks to Sarah Conroy for designing an awesome flyer and agreeing to sell raffle tickets at the ever-popular Vegan Meetups. Thanks to Robin Watts for also agreeing to try to sell some ticks,

Thanks to Donald McEwan- a stranger who told me about a whale rescue filmed and on youtube, who is now a friend and involved and spreading the word about my race all the way in Kentucky!

Thanks to my mom who always warns me not to run when it is too hot, not to run when it is too early or too late, not to run when I am too tired, not to run too far. I know she will be there the day of the marathon to tell me not to stop! She is the definition of unconditional love. Oh yeah, and she is donating my next pair of running shoes which I may need soon because my Asics are getting hole-y and my baby blue Nike Airs hurt my feel terribly.

Thanks to every friend of mine who encourages this crazy plan. I mean, running 26.2 miles just because is not a sane endeavor. Thanks for every person who has said I look like I am in great shape on days I am not feeling it.

Thanks to Sea Shepherd Conservation Society for all that they do- the donors, the volunteers. Thanks to Paul Watson and the ship crews who put their very lives on the line to save the oceans. Thanks to Sheryl Bryner, a lady with a million things to do, who jumped at my idea and made it all happen by getting me a great donation web page.

And I am not done thanking. Stay tuned for more mushy thanks yous.

No comments:

Post a Comment