Friday, July 29, 2011

Update



I cannot say enough about the generosity of the friends and family around me. I am also making new friends through my efforts. I am up to $710 dollars that have been donated towards my race through my Sea Shepherd donation page. www.seashepherd.org/marathon-bell. I believe I will easily surpass my goal of $2000 at this rate (and hopefully finish my marathon in my goal of under 4 hours). The Sea Shepherd organization is needing the support right now, with one of their most important vessels currently detained.



I have received a couple of new raffle prizes as well. Grace Restaurant in Portland will be donating a gift card- amount TBD. Grace has been keeping a vegan entree on their menu, a rare find in a fine-dining establishment. I had the current vegan stir fry with thai basil pesto- it was gorgeous. www.restaurantgrace.com. Bard coffee, by far one of the coolest spots in town, will be donating a gift card or basket. www.bardcoffee.com. Finally, the always lovely and generous Meg Wolff will be donating a copy of 'Life in Balance: Delicious, Plant Based Recipes for Optimal Health'. www.megwolff.com.


As for the training, after struggling through the hot spell, the mild weather feels wonderful. I had a nice easy run today and will probably do the same tomorrow. I hope it isn't still this drenching rain but I can't let the weather slow me down. I feel strong and capable. Now it is a matter of, with two months left, eating clean, living clean, getting rest, and spending the time on the pavement and trails to teach my muscles to keep me moving along unreasonable distances.

No comments:

Post a Comment